Returns Policy - Trim Buddies LLC
Last updated October 31st, 2018
You may return an item(s) within 30 days*** of receipt (delivery) for a refund*. Refunds will be applied to your account (less shipping and restocking fees) in 3-5 business days once the item has been received and inspected through our warehouse**.
To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused and in its original packaging, and in the same condition in which it was received****. Please do not send your return back to the manufacturer.
To qualify for a general return, the item(s):
- Must be in resalable condition
- Must be free from scratches and/or defects
- Must not have been installed
- Must be in the original manufacturer’s box and packaging
- Must not have any writing on the original packaging
- Must not be missing pieces
- Must not be clearance/liquidations/closeout
*Restocking fees may apply.
**Refunds may be applied faster if return tracking number is provided by the customer.
***Speedee Trim products may only be returned within 5 days of delivery to customer.
****USED PRODUCTS MAY BE SEIZED BY THE SHIPPING CARRIER AND HANDED OVER TO LAW ENFORCEMENT. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PACKAGES THAT ARE FLAGGED BY THE SHIPPING CARRIER FOR ANY REASON. YOU MAY ALSO FACE LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION. DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ILLEGAL MATERIAL OF ANY KIND.may be applied faster if return tracking number is provided by the customer.
You may initiate a return for defective item(s) within 30 days of receipt for a full refund. Once a return has been set up and returned to our warehouse, it will be inspected. If the return is deemed to be defective, a full refund will be applied to your account.
To qualify for a defective return, one of the following must apply:
- Item has a defect that hinders its usability for the purpose of which it was designed
- Incorrect item was received
Returns FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
How do I send my return?
- Please contact us to initiate your return. We will issue you a RGA (Return Goods Authorization) and details for where you will send your return.
When and why do I have to pay a restocking fee?
- The items on our website have a 20% restocking fee. This is not a fee imposed by Trimbuddies.com, but rather by our suppliers. Thus, we pass this cost along to our customer when you elect to initiate a General Return.
How do I cancel an order?
Please contact us as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel an order, as shipments can process quickly in some cases. An order may not be canceled if it has already been shipped.
When should I expect my refund?
- You can expect your refund to be applied within 3-5 business days of receipt and inspection of your return.
What is a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) and when will I receive it after I start a return?
- An RGA is used as a reference to help us track returns. This identifies the return and associates it with your order number. It may take anywhere between 3-5 business days to process and issue an RGA.
What is a PrePaid Label (PPL) and when will I receive it?
- A PPL is a prepaid label to return your item(s) via USPS, FedEx, DHL or UPS. PPLs are provided for all returns set up by one of our customer service team members, or via the web. PPLs for defective returns are provided at no cost. For general returns, PPLs are provided by default and the cost of shipping will be deducted from your credit. PPLs will be sent as an embedded URL link in the body of your RGA email.
My purchase was damaged in transit. How do I return it, request a replacement, and/or file a freight claim?
If you notice damage while the carrier is on site, DO NOT take possession of the damaged product(s). Instead, take a picture of the damage, gather copies of the paperwork from the carrier (if possible), and refuse delivery. Next, contact us at email@example.com.
If you notice damage after delivery (concealed damage), then take pictures of the damage, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Carriers often only allow two (2) business days after delivery to file a freight claim, so please contact us as soon as possible to initiate your return and/or replacement.
After the return is set up, please hold the damaged product(s), along with any damaged packaging, for 30 days as the carrier may want to pick up or inspect it. If after 30 days you have not been contacted by Trimbuddies.com or by the carrier, you are free to dispose of the damaged product(s).
We will not be able to help with any complaints of damages, including visible or material defects, after the product has been used or altered.
I did not receive all my products, or some items are not what I purchased. What do I do?
There are occasions when an order is shipped from multiple locations and will arrive at different times. In the event that all material is not delivered, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you believe you have received the wrong product, please verify the item number of the product you received against the order confirmation email and/or packing list. If anything does not match, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist in getting the wrong item(s) returned and the order corrected.
My purchase was lost in transit, what should I do?
- In case of a lost shipment, please contact the shipping carrier and reference your tracking number.